Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Listening

So life can be so crazy and yet when I find myself riding in the car with only one of my children I find the best thing to do is to ask unusual questions. Tonight Teresa had a doctors appointment and I ask her what she is most worried about. She said getting to school on time. I was shocked. We are usually early getting to school and I never would have thought that she was worried about it. Learning what is going on in their heads is so eye opening.
I have decided that I am going to compose a list of questions to ask my kids every once in awhile so that I can understand them and they know that I am interested in them. So now I ask everyone to send me suggested questions to ask. I will post my final list when I decide which questions are most valuable to me.
Thanks

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing with all your friends at school? This one has proved to be a broad question that has been answered several different ways by my older nieces when I ask it. A better more open needed way to ask it is, "what is happening with all your friends at school lately?"
    Any type of ,"What do you think about..." question is a good one too. You can fill in the blank with "your teacher" or "Your life lately" or even "your relationship with God?"
    Good thoughts. Good goal. I know they know you love them. Now they will know they can talk to you about things more than ever. :D

    ReplyDelete