Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Time marches on....

Many things have changed since the last time I posted and I realize that maybe I should be better about upkeep. My life has gone through so many changes.Here are the highlights:


- I have been with the same government agency for the past 4 years. I have enjoyed the learning and growth and the job security is awesome. I am blessed to be able to work from home which is probably the best perk ever.

- Allison graduated from the Orange County School of the Arts. She is attending Riverside Community College with plans to transfer to a 4 year university. She also currently is working for Amazon and just bought her first car..a Toyota Corolla.


- Teresa is in 11th grade and has found a love of playing Water polo. She finished her personal progress at church and enjoys her time with her friends.


- Matt has still been attending special schools for autistic children however, this year for 7th grade he is being reintegrated into a regular middle school in special Ed classes. He has math class at the middle school right now and loves it. He has grown so much and it as tall as Allison already. Everyone says he looks just like me so I figure he will easily be as tall as my brother and dad.


- Alicia is in the 4th grade. She has had some challenges learning to read but she has an awesome teacher this year and we have a plan so hopefully she can catch up. She still loves to sing and dance. There are no really good children's theater groups in Riverside that do not cost a fortune so she sings on the playground and the church choir.


-I was able to complete a Bachelors Degree in Homeland Security and Emergency Management at Ashford University. I then decided to go a step further and I also completed my Master's degree in Public Administration at Ashford University. I walked in the graduation ceremony when I got my master's degree.

I did two color runs... the first with Alicia and some of my friends and the second with my family. We went on a New year's Day hike at the Historic Citrus park. This summer we also had adventures like a nerf war with friends, visiting some of the temples, learning and trying new things and just having fun as a family.


So many things have changed, Jim and I separated in March and are in the process of a divorce. But right now I just focus on being the best mom I can and figuring out as a single parent how to navigate this new life. I have faith though that the kids and I are on the right path and headed for great things. I am trying to teach them how to weather the storms, dance in the rain and just not let the trials of life weigh them down.

There have been so many blessing and wonderful supportive friends that I am excited to see what is to come and where the lord is going to lead my little family.

3 comments: